17 December, 2016

Australia: The Nobbies, Philip Island, Victoria

Packed my bags one morning and decided to go on a one-day trip to Philip Island with my housemate. When I said I packed my bags, I meant I stuffed it full with junk food. We managed to gather a small group of people to join us and lets just say it was a fun filled ride.

We visited a couple of different spots on the island, but the one that really stood out to me was The Nobbies. This area offers spectacular coastal viewing from the boardwalks and lookout points set amongst natural sea bird gardens. One and a half kilometres offshore from The Nobbies are Seal Rocks, home to Australia’s largest Australian Fur Seal colony.

It was a great day when we visited, it was blustery and the views were amazing, watching the waves smash up on the rocks was spectacular. The boardwalk was a great way to see the coastline, we didn't see any seals sadly, but overall it was still a wonderful experience.

   




















x

No comments:

Post a Comment